It dawned on me today that very, very much has changed in the last year of my life.
A year ago, I had not yet decided to move to Colorado. I was being talked into it, and the decision followed not long after (and not long before I was to actually move), but I believe that at this time last year, I was still leaning towards staying put where I was. I had a different job, a really adorable apartment, was close to family and friends, loved my volunteer gig at Crash's, and had the best furry friend you could ask for just a short drive away.
All that has changed in the last 12 months. I'm now 1200 miles away, have lived in Denver almost 12 months (in 3 different places... some more or less adorable than others, though it's hard to compete with that last place I lived in MI), have been working a different job for the past 6 months, am now far away from most of my family & friends, have lost my beloved dog, and spend lots of time bored out of my mind in what should be a fabulous city.
So the question: what's the verdict? Was it a wise choice I made, which so radically changed my life in under a year?
The verdict's still out. We'll give it the rest of the year. After all, life changes quickly. This time last year, my plans were rather different. So I'll give it another 2 months to see what else is still to be, in this first year of life in Denver. I'll keep ya posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment