Well, I have been for several months now, but the fact is my little bitty niece & nephew have now actually made their appearance outside of their mama, and have cute little faces that we can see, and little squalling newborn voices that we can hear, and their little hands and feet now have room to flail about (though I imagine, and from the many pictures it appears, that like most newborns they probably prefer to just be bundled and nap). And names! Sebastien & Eden are the latest additions to the family, and they are soooo precious!
Perhaps I am biased, since I can claim some genetic connection to the little miracles. But really, I think the facts speak for themselves. I told them to stay put until they were fully baked, and lo and behold, they did! See, so well-behaved already! They are beautiful and healthy little babies and I cannot wait to meet them in person in a couple of weeks! (I've already spoken with Eden on the phone. Yup.)
More importantly, I cannot wait to watch them grow. I mean, meeting them will be super cool and all, but with all likelihood they'll still be in that bundle-y, nap-y newborn phase. (I do hope they open their eyes, though. They have pretty eyes. And they need to start getting the idea of who this Aunt Corrie character is.) But the exciting part is going to be watching them grow and learn and express their unique personalities-- these little humans who entirely began existing in the last year. And now get to be people of their very own.
And I get to be a part of that. (Unless my brother and sister-in-law join some sort of cult or something. But I don't foresee that happening any time soon. And if it did, I'd probably just have to intervene and run off with the twinsies.) Helping them grow and learn and explore the world and try new things and become Lions fans. ;)
That's what's really exciting about being an aunt. Well, I guess I don't know. Maybe there's something more exciting about it, that I haven't discovered yet, because of course, this is my first shot at being one.
In the meantime, welcome to the world, Sebastien & Eden. It's a big place, and can be sort of scary sometimes, especially when you've just come from a place that's so warm and cozy and safe. But your Aunt Corrie is here and you can always come find me when you need somebody to help you navigate it. I'm so glad you're here.
(p.s. below are pictures added later, from when I got to first meet the little bambinos. Are they just perfect, or WHAT?! The kids I mean. Though the pictures are memorable, too.)

No comments:
Post a Comment