For a commencement address at Furman University in spring 2008, Ed Gillespie wanted to insert a few lines condemning gay marriage. Bush called the speech too "condemnatory" and said, "I'm not going to tell some gay kid in the audience that he can't get married."LIKE. WE. CARE.
Does anyone out there actually give a rat's behind that Bush restrained himself on this one particular occasion? Is this newfound "belief" about the condemnatory nature of the speech supposed to make us forget all his previous statements and actions on the topics? Even if he really felt that way, and more-- like, even if Bush really is a big fan of gay marriage, unbeknownst to us all, it would not make me any fonder of him (perhaps less so). Because really-- what do our feelings and intentions matter if we do not have the courage to act in accordance with them?
(And that's about all I have to say about that.)
1 comment:
I can tell that I'm used to Facebook, because I wanted to hit a "like" button on this post.
Post a Comment