Why yes, I think I am. At least, I'm sure hoping I am.
Either way... on August 20th I'll be headed to the mountains where I (along with a few trusty comrades, and a bunch of other people of course) will be heading out in the 2:30pm wave to take on 3.15 miles of course, interspersed with such obstacles as clambering over rusted-out cars, scrambling over walls, scuttling up tunnels, crawling through mud under barbed wire, and leaping over fire. How would that NOT sound like an awesome day? Oh, yes, and then I will drink beer. And put on my big fuzzy warrior helmet with the horns on it. :)
In the next 6 months I will of course be training for this adventure... I'm still preparing for my 3.3-mile marathon relay leg in May (which I think is going to be less fun that the aforementioned Dash, despite the difference in altitude and amount of obstacles), and there may also be some other assorted physical exertion involved in training for the Warrior madness, e.g. jungle-gym climbing, trampoline-jumping, roller-skating, and American-gladiator-type adventures.
So stay tuned... and we can find out just how much butt I kick.
(Yes, there will be costumes involved. Though perhaps not quite so literal an interpretation of the theme, as these folks.)
No comments:
Post a Comment