Wednesday, October 17, 2012

30 before 30... a work in progress

So I've been trying to compile a list of 30 things I want to do before my next birthday (which is now barely 11 1/2 months away)... but I'm only up to 14 so far! I need help. I know that there are other things I've long been wanting to do, or should do, but I can't think of them. Further suggestions welcome!

The list thus far (in truly no particular order, other than perhaps the order they were suggested to me/I thought of them):


- Take part in a flash mob.

- Memorize Psalm 104 all the way.

- Find out the answers to all the questions I’d jotted down in my Bible, while reading it all the way through. (The factual ones, I mean. Not trying to answer all the deep questions of theology, in the next year.)

- Apply to graduate school. (And hopefully, get in!)

- Go on a blind date. (For the record, this one was on the list before my mom suggested it.)

- Dye my hair some color that is not usual for me.

- Visit a National Park I have not been to before.

- Use a chainsaw.

- Finish the quilt I started forever ago. (No, seriously. It’s been years. I keep forgetting about it for many months/a year at a time.)

- Complete a 10K (note that I did not say I have to be running for all of it).

- Completely go through all my closets (clothes, storage… ok, that’s the only 2 kinds). Leave them much emptier when I am finished.

- Throw a surprise party for someone.

- Stay up all night in the woods.

- Fire a gun.

No comments: