As of a couple of weeks ago, I've been in Colorado for 3 years. I sorta can't believe that much time has passed, but on the other hand, it also seems like I've been here for ages.
And who knew? Who knew all the things that would happen to me since I've been here?
When I moved to Colorado...
- I didn't know where I'd be living (until about a week before I got here, that is).
- I didn't know I'd then end up having to move out to Lakewood (and then back to Denver again).
- I didn't know I'd wake up one morning to a cop in my bedroom with gun drawn. (Don't know that story? Remind me sometime.)
- I didn't know where I'd be working.
- I didn't know it would take me a solid 2 1/2 years to get a car again.
- I didn't know that I'd be heading back to school, and that by this point I'd have completed 2 years of busy evenings, working towards another degree.
- I didn't know I'd finally, and pretty randomly, find an amazing church full of wonderful people who love me... and within easy walking distance, no less!
- I didn't know that in three years, only one person would come to visit me (in fairness, one and a half. The half being someone who's come to visit numerous people, in town including me).
- I didn't know I'd end up with a cat who, in a previous life, never would speak to me, and now will not get off my lap.
- I didn't know that heading across the country would eventually lead to me heading to a country on the other side of the planet, and falling in love with it.
- Here's a BIG one: I didn't know I'd have 2 nieces and a nephew! It's so hard being far away from them, but I love that I still get to see them several times a year, and am excited to someday be closer to them again.
There are a lot of other "didn't know"s, too, including some I can't even think of at the moment, because of course by now, I know them! (Like that last on the list... it's hard to remember a time before that was the case!) It's been a crazy ride so far, some ups, a bunch of downs. Here are a few pics to give a (massively condensed) look back at the past 3 years of this Colorado journey. (Ok, perhaps more than a few-- but
you try to sum up 3 years in less than 25 photos!)
 |
| August 2007 - View from my bedroom in my first house in Denver |
 |
| October 2007 - Hiking in El Dorado Canyon State Park |
 |
| February 2008 - With Lizz up on Lookout Mountain |
 |
| March 2008 - First (and so far only) skiing adventure |
 |
| May 2008 - Fox cubs in my neighborhood in Lakewood |
 |
| June 2008 - Hiking in Golden Gate Canyon State Park |
 |
| August 2008 - Downtown crowds for the Democratic National Convention |
|
 |
| October 2008 - Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park |
 |
| September 2008 - First concert at Red Rocks |
 |
| October 2008 - Chatfield corn maze with Lizz and Cristina |
 |
| February 2009 - Wild Animal Sanctuary |
 |
| March 2009 - Potok joins me in Colorado |
 |
| May 2009 - The Dead, 6th row floor |
 |
| May 2009 - Lizz and Colin's wedding |
 |
| July 2009 - Rocky Mountain Music Festival |
 |
| September 2009 - My 2nd time at the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk |
 |
| October 2009 - Skydiving!!! |
 |
| December 2009 - Fall "Meals That Matter" group Christmas party |
 |
| December 2009 - Pathways Christmas cocktail party |
 |
| January 2010 - Casa Bonita |
 |
| April 2010 - With Lynne at Kevin and Jessica's wedding |
 |
| May 2010 - Rocky Mountain National Arsenal |
 |
| May 2010 - Camping near Buena Vista |
 |
| July 2010 - India (note that I've left out other not-in-CO happenings of these 3 years; but this was a direct result of me moving to CO, so it gets to make it in) |
 |
| August 2010 (3 years to the day of my arrival in Denver) - I might be in Broncos country, but I'm still a Lions fan! |
1 comment:
I can't believe that it's been three years! (And now, long enough right? Come home!) We definitely would have been there to visit you, were we not so busy with the last item on your list. ;) At least we sent Potok in our place.
Post a Comment