Now, I'm marked this one as "complete" (you'll see on the original list that I'm now going to be noting the ones I've done, so you-- and I, as it is now my browser homepage!-- can keep track of which are yet to be tackled)... but this is really one that could keep going forever. I didn't really set a limit, like "leave 10 nice notes in random places," though last week I did make up a dozen or so, and have been meaning to start leaving them around.
Today I was heading to campus for the biology department "advising blitz" (translated: the department office was closed when I arrived, and when it reopened 20 minutes later, I was 4th in line to speak with the department chair, who was the only faculty member around for advising at the moment. Though another professor was also recruited to assist one student). In other words, I knew I'd have some time to seek out places to stick some of my little notes, and I turned out to have plenty.
I haven't put out all dozen yet... because I want to keep an eye out for good places. I could have stuck all the notes in stalls in women's restrooms on campus. It'd be easy spots to hit. But I want to be a little more diverse/creative with my places to leave them, than that.
| Inside the door of a bathroom stall on campus. This is one of my favorites of the notes. (And for the record, yes, I did whip out a pen and add the missing "l" right after taking this picture. :) |
| On a bathroom mirror on campus. I thought about how to word this one, not wanting it to come off unintentionally judge-y... hence in the end, I just threw in a smiley face. |
This was really fun. From creating the little notes, to sneaking around identifying places/times where no one would notice me putting them up, to imagining who might encounter them (and hopefully bring a smile to their face). Maybe I'll just do this periodically. I know I've encountered random signs or writings places that made me smile. I hope the people who put them up had just as much fun doing it.
If you have any great ideas for where to continue sticking my happy little notes, feel free to share them!
2 comments:
I love this idea! I may have to borrow it from you....
I think I have to start leaving anonymous notes around at work. Nice ones, of course!
Post a Comment