Tonight... I tried brussels sprouts... for the first time in my life!
I know, I know. They're one of the stereotypical things every kid is supposed to hate. But I never even got the chance to love or hate them, having never sampled such a food before.
I'll let most of this experience speak for itself as, not having many experiences as an adult to try an entirely new type of food for the very first time, and thus having not much idea of what to expect nor what my reaction would be, I decided to videotape the actual first sampling experience (well, not entirely true. I'd nibbled a fallen leaf or two while steaming them. But it was not a good representation of a whole "sprout").
Also, that brings up a good question, which I'd never pondered before-- what are brussels sprouts, the sprouts of? I mean is there a giant grown-up food product out there somewhere, just called a "brussels"?
Anyhow, without further delay: I try brussels sprouts.
| Eyeing the mysterious veggable. |
| Intrigued, I am. |
| Sprouts a-cookin'. |
And now, what you've all been waiting for (or I have, anyway, as this part was really just for my own entertainment, and it makes me laugh):
(blogger was having some issues uploading it to this post.)
No comments:
Post a Comment